1. Recognition Award.
Up to two awards may be presented each year for significant contributions to Prince Edward Island agriculture. Past winners have included farmers, government employees, veterinarians, agri-business and other industry participants. An award may also be made jointly to two persons, i.e., a couple or business partners. Membership in the Institute is not required. Nomination can be made by an individual, a group or an association.
Recognition Award Nomination Form - PDF File - 204KiB
2. Outstanding Agrologist Award.
This award is presented to a member of the Institute for outstanding service in the previous 5-10 years of membership in the PEIIA. The nomination can be made by anyone. Nominees must be a member in good standing of the PEIIA.
Outstanding Agrologist Award Nomination Form - PDF File - 176KiB
Rules Governing the Awards
- An association, group or individual may make nominations.
- Those making nominations shall hold knowledge of nominations in strict confidence.
- Nominations must be completed on the form provided by the PEIIA.
- Nominations and supporting documentation must be received at the PEIIA office by March 15.
- Unsuccessful nominations may be resubmitted.
- Recipients of the Outstanding Agrologist Award must hold the designation of P.Ag.(Professional Agrologist) or PPA (Permit to Practice) and must be a member in good standing at the time the award is bestowed.